* 1 winter squash and/or sweet potato
* 2 parsnips
* 2 carrots
* 2 turnips or 1 large rutabaga
* 1 daikon radish
* 1 – 2 beets
* 1 – 2 TBSP olive oil
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Herbs: rosemary, thyme or sage (fresh if possible)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash and chop all vegetables into large bite-sized pieces.
3. Place in a large baking dish with sides.
4. Drizzle with olive oil; mix well to coat each vegetable lightly.
5. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and herbs.
6. Bake covered for 25-35 minutes, until vegetables are tender and golden brown, checking every 10 minutes to stir and make sure veggies are not sticking.
Note: Any combination of vegetables will work. Roasting only one kind of vegetable also makes a nice side dish.